Wednesday, August 04, 2010

My First Kiss - The Osculate


It is said that one never forgets his first kiss.

Here I am, fifteen years later I can still remember that summer night. I was in the 10th grade. Komal was in the 8th grade. She lived next to my apartment. She had a pretty face and an outstanding charm. She was an ordinary girl. I liked her. I really liked her.

The only time&place I could see her was at between the stairs of the 2nd and 3rd floor of her apartment returning from temple at 7:00 PM. Standing in a corner of stairs, I watch this angel come towards me every evening. I liked her innocence and fragility. The day she didn't appear, I felt something missing. I can't explain the feeling except it's a kind of uneasiness.

I never smiled, never tried to talk, never whistled or did anything unusual. I was quiet. May be because I was too busy watching her. She never said anything also. She was a good actor, and me a demanding director. I did it for "8 long months" without exception.
One day I got the news that she was moving out of her apartment and this might be her last visit to temple. I ran to the stairs again. The weather was perfect, moon was full. She came, I moved one step towards her and ironically, without thinking anything I blurted out, "I like you. I think you can't leave without me kissing you". I didn't know what to say more. It was totally impulsive, somewhat wreckless, and completely unlike me...

She looked up at me. I looked down at her. She looked up at me. I looked down at her. She didn't said any word. The longest second of my life passed between us before she smiled. She had a smile that could win millions.

I grabed her by the waist and pulled towards me.
She was shivering as if ants were climbing over her leg.

Suddenly her right duppata goes off of her shoulder; I moved my right hand from her waist and put her dupatta back on the shoulder.
I looked at her eyes. The Wind was gently blowing her hair. Her heart was racing. She was passive and shy holly.

I hugged her, I dropped down my head close to her, and then her lips touched my lips.
One curve Osculated over the other. It was a slow touch of her lip curve with mine, making a perfect Tangent.

After a while, she put her arm around me. I liked it! I liked Komal. Maybe, I loved her. I was a giddy school-boy happy for the first time in a long while.

Next day, she left Forever!

-Nirnay

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:29 PM

    u havent told this stroy earlier...though we were ur room mate for more than a year...i'll advice yash johar to put this as a romantic scene in his next flick.....& hero would be you....wht say bro....
    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Kamaldeep, ha aur movie ka naam hoga,
    "Ek Bahut Choti se Love Story" ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sachin: And I was thinking that it was a boy you kissed for the first time... he he ..

    Good writeup...keep it up and one day you'll change your profession...and compete with Javed Akhtar and lot more...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous7:31 PM

    I think your daddy follows your blog.

    Tujhe ek baat pata hai, tu jaydaad se be-dakhal hone wala hai.

    ReplyDelete